Coventry University has been ranked joint first amongst Modern Universities in England for career prospects and we are in the top 6 universities for student experience. Our commitment to providing the best for our students doesn’t stop with them, it starts with our people. Without our dedicated teams, we wouldn’t be ranked so highly or have won any of our numerous awards.
We are one of the largest employers in Coventry and we offer our people a place to belong and an organisation to be proud of. We know you have a life and obligations outside of the workplace so we do our best to help strike that balance and we will support your needs where we can because we know that’s how we get the very best out of you.
We are looking for a Specialist Pensions Advisor to join our small pensions team providing an administrative service for the Group’s pension arrangements. The role will report into the Head of Pensions.
We are looking for a customer focused individual with strong administrative skills. You will have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel (including vlookups) and the ability to hold conversations with customers on the phone, face to face, or email to understand what support they require and what appropriate action will be taken. You will have a previous experience of working with Public Service Pension Schemes (LGPS and TPS).
Office hours are between 8am-6pm Monday – Friday. Flexibility between these hours would be required
- Must have significant pension experience working with Public Service Pension Schemes (TPS and LGPS) gained in-house or at a third party administrators
- Excellent technical knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution pension scheme legislation
- Logical, must be able to develop operating procedures and use technical/legislative knowledge to find most appropriate solution(s)
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of a wide range of periodic pension projects (i.e. annual benefit statements and annual reports) and some experience of bespoke projects
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and work on own initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively, as part of a team