The Pensions Ombudsman has a number of opportunities for Caseworkers to join our team based in Canary Wharf (with substantial homeworking). You will be working full or part time, either on a permanent or fixed term contract basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £31,643 per annum.
Who are we?
It is an exciting time for TPO, with additional funding enabling a significant expansion of our staff numbers from around 110 to 140 and adopting new ways of working to manage an increased demand for our service.
As a totally independent body, not part of the pensions industry or government, we investigate and make decisions when someone has been unable to resolve a complaint about how their pension has been managed. Our service is free, but we have legal powers to make decisions that are final, binding and enforceable in court.
Our work can be challenging and high-profile, delivering a fair outcome for the individual and highlighting where the pensions industry can improve. Focusing on the facts, we must be balanced, fair and totally independent.
About the role of our Caseworkers:
TPO’s Caseworkers work within one of TPOs casework teams, such as Adjudication, Early Resolution, Case Assessment or Casework Support, according to business need. In all cases this will require a customer focused approach to complaint management and resolution, working to ensure fair and rational outcomes in a speedy and proportionate manner, taking into account relevant legislation and TPO’s statutory powers and purpose. Over time, individuals may specialize in one function.
Responsibilities of our Caseworkers:
• Manage a portfolio of cases that require less formal investigation, working within TPO’s standards and taking into account the needs of the parties concerned whilst maintaining impartiality
• Ensure TPO’s casework management system is updated accurately
• Investigate cases by identifying the key issues, gathering information as required and examining evidence against the required standards
• Write articulate and well-reasoned outcomes on the merits of complaints
• Ensure that TPO’s processes and procedures are adhered to
• Develop relationships, both internal and external, that will enable effective management of own caseload
Experience we’re looking for in our Caseworkers:
• Casework handling within a customer facing setting OR working within the pensions industry to a level sufficient to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of occupational or personal pension schemes
• Conducting analysis of large amounts of information and identifying key issues to be addressed
• Writing evidence-based outcomes that stand up to scrutiny and challenge
• Working on own initiative and managing a varied caseload within a set quality and time framework
• Developing understanding of new areas of professional knowledge
• Using information technology, such as casework management systems and/or other applications, to manage caseload
• A professional pensions qualification
• Complaint handling within a regulatory, ombudsman or financial services setting
As we have a large number of roles to fill, we will shortlist and interview on a rolling basis, without waiting for a set closing date. Permanent roles will be filled first.
We offer a range of benefits, including a defined pension scheme, 27.5 days of annual leave and flexible working.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and be prepared to be security cleared to Baseline Personnel Security Standard, which requires a basic disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
TPO is a Disability Confident accredited employer.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become one of our Caseworkers, please click ‘apply’ today. We would love to hear from you!