Quietroom is a team of writers and strategists. We use language to help businesses make complicated
things more meaningful to more people. We’re looking for a new senior writer to help grow our business and bring fresh ideas and capabilities to our team.
What you’ll do
Most of our clients operate in regulated industries – like pensions, investments and life insurance.
You’ll get under the skin of knotty problems and create content that helps solve them.
On any day you could be:
● conducting desk research or interviewing a CEO
● writing a newsletter updating people on what’s happening in their pension scheme
● scripting a video that shows people how their investments shape the world
● iterating an online journey to help a pension-scheme member make a big decision about
● running a workshop to help a wealth manager write more inclusively
Who you are
Quietroom people come from all kinds of backgrounds. You don’t have to have worked in financial services before, but a grounding in things like savings, investments and pensions would be a big advantage. You might have spent some time in journalism, financial PR, copywriting or content design.
What we offer
Quietroom is an employee ownership trust, which means you’ll have a stake in the business. We’ve got ambitious plans for the future and we’re investing heavily in learning and development. This means you could carve out a niche of your own, in anything from sustainable investment to diversity and inclusion. You could well find yourself studying for professional qualifications.
You’ll also get:
● Matched pension contributions of up to 6% once you’ve been with us for 12 months
● 20 days’ holiday in your first year, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure. This increases
each year up to 25 days in your 4th year.
● Employee assistance programme, for you and your family
● Weekly pilates classes
● Regular team socials
We have an office in Clerkenwell, London. Most of us work from home most of the time, and we won’t be going back to ‘normal’ office life, but you’re free to come in every day if that suits you. We get together for one team day every month, and hold meetings in person when our clients are up for it or our work will benefit from it.
How to apply
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us an email to email@example.com
explaining why you think we’d be a good fit for each other. We’d like to see your CV and examples of your professional writing.
Please also tell us where you saw this job ad – this will help us understand the best way to reach people in the future.