As part of our continued growth, we are now looking for a Senior Legal Officer to join the team here at Smart and ensure we have the capabilities in house to deliver on the multitude of projects we are close to starting.
Working with 1 part time legal officer and reporting directly into the Chief Corporate Officer, (a lawyer herself), this is a role that will require a driven, passionate individual who has experience of working in a fast paced scaling technology company.
• Partner with the Smart Global Commercial Team to negotiate and conclude agreements with clients.
• Lead the legal review of key strategic initiatives.
• Own and manage outside counsel relationships and budget.
• Advise the business on legal interpretations, internal standards and practices, new business initiatives and other commercial and regulatory matters.
• Provide legal training to the business and be a knowledge-hub of best practices. Support the implementation of improved processes and discipline into the commercial organisation.
• Support the Head of Financial Services with all key projects and disseminate the work down through the team.
• Maintain and mentor a high performing team.
Smart Pension was founded by experienced finance & technology professionals and has been designed specifically to support UK businesses faced with the challenges of auto enrolment. Our mission is to transform pensions, savings and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world.
• Proven track record as a legal or senior legal counsel within a scaling technology company.
• Experience of working within a pensions company or company pension scheme is highly advantageous.
• Significant experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions.
• A qualified lawyer, admitted to the bar.
• Strategic thinker able to synchronise across diverse opportunities, combined with pragmatic, tactical execution. Analytically minded approach with demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills.
• Confident and pragmatic approach to problem solving and managing legal risk.
• Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and work well in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines within short time constraints whilst maintaining the utmost attention to detail.
• Ability to navigate the complexities of multiple internal and external stakeholders including our senior leadership team, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated agility to work collaboratively across a global matrixed organisation and functions in a fast-paced environment.
• 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.
• Auto enrolment Pension scheme. The company matches your contributions up to 5%.
• £500 personal training budget per year to spend on courses or conferences.
• Health Insurance (via Benenden).
• Access to Smart Rewards.
• Cycle to work scheme.