Excellent opportunity for a Pensions Administrator looking to take their first step away from administration into a scheme secretary role. Working within this in-house team you will be provided with full training to take responsibility for making a high-quality contribution to the governance, compliance, risk management, development and implementation of the investment and member communication strategies for the DC Section of the Group’s UK Pensions Plan.
About the role
• Assisting the Head of Trustee Governance by delivering best-in-class secretariat services for the Group’s UK Pension Plan.
• Working closely with the Head of Trustee Governance to fulfil the governance requirements for the DC Section of the Group’s UK Pensions Plan, supporting any projects and risk management activity within the secretariat team as a whole.
• Provision of services includes executive support to the Trustee Board’s Defined Contribution Committee, including drafting agendas, preparation and distribution of meeting papers, attendance at meetings &taking notes, liaising with advisers and fund managers, maintenance of governance documents, as well as management of agreed actions between meetings.
• Providing support and information to the Head of Trustee Governance.
• Providing support and information to the VP Pensions UK & Ireland and Trustee
Directors (particularly the Chair of the Defined Contribution Committee).
• Complying with Company and Trustee Committee procedures and the requirements of the industry regulator.
• Liaising pro-actively and building strong relationships with other team members
to ensure clarity and successful delivery of pension Secretariat services to the Trustees/Company.
• Supporting the implementation of key governance projects to ensure successful
Governance in reporting key activity of the Defined Contribution Committee to the
Trustee Board and seeking approval of recommendations made by the Committee.
• Providing support to the Defined Contribution Committee with consideration
of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and stewardship priorities within its investment strategy.
• Providing support to the Defined Contribution Committee and key stakeholders on any changes investment strategy or documentation to ensure compliance and internal control requirements are satisfied.
• Provide support to the Head of Trustee Governance and the Trustee Board in implementing the five-year strategic business plan. Implementation of Trustee’s strategic business plan.
• Monitoring of service delivery and budgets of advisers and suppliers, and addressing issues as they arise. Together with the Head of Trustee Governance scrutinising and challenging performance of advisers and suppliers to ensure Trustee and Company receive good value for money.
• Understand the needs of members/ the Defined Contribution Committee/Trustee / Company.
• Understanding the Trustee’s / Company’s strategic objectives.
• Technical knowledge of UK occupational legislative requirements.
• Previous exposure to Defined Contribution administration.and governance, whether gained in-house or in consultancy.
• Strong planning, organisational and communication skills required.
To discuss this role in confidence please call Jo Whittington on 020 7293 7022 or email email@example.com
please quote reference 80728.
If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk
for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies