Do you have a strong background in communications? Do you have a good knowledge of various media channels? Do you want a role where you can implement change?
About the Team & Role
In this role you will be mainly focussed on activities such as introducing and designing a new website, assisting with the introduction of any new scheme member and employer portals, producing email campaigns and monitoring their effectiveness, hosting webinars and face to face events, individual meetings with employers, graphical/animated videos, targeted communications, and newsletters.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead our approach to communicating and working with the members and employers that make up the Gloucestershire Pension Fund and you will be responsible for helping the Fund achieve its ambitious goals by specialising and leading the Fund to achieve best practice.
To be successful you will need to be customer focussed, imaginative and to embrace of a culture of continuous improvement while seeking industry best practice using a ‘can do’ attitude. You will also have substantial experience of working in the desired specialism.
You will have a background of producing high quality communication material through a variety of mediums (e.g. email mailshots, postal, webinar, websites, short videos, graphical videos) and/or employer/organisation relationships as well as customer service and delivering presentations.
It would be helpful if you had experience of working in Local Government Pensions (or any pension related role) but this is not essential.
You will also lead a small team so it would be helpful if you also have experience in this area (but again this is not essential).
For all your hard work, you will receive the following:
• Flexible and agile working opportunities 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years continuous service
• An option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
• Family friendly employer offering benefits to help support you and your family
• Career development and qualification opportunities
• Supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
• Access to generous defined benefit pension scheme (the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), which we administer)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
• An in-house Occupational Health service
• Employee discount scheme Cycle to Work scheme
• Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&Cs apply)
• Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Andy Cunningham (email@example.com
Closing date: 19th November 2023