We are looking for an experienced Pensions Finance Assistant to join our growing Finance team and work alongside the Finance Director and Financial Controller. Your main focus day to day will be the running of the Master Trust finance function.
• Assist in the running of the Master Trust finance function in line with service level agreements.
• Monitor investment dealing requests using automated system processes.
• Update relevant databases and systems.
• Reconcile payments received to investments made / reconcile to bank account.
• Track and process refunds.
• Member unit reconciliations & un-allocated units reconciliations.
• Prepare investment related transactions journals.
• Process member payments and update relevant pension administration records.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual audit of the Pension Scheme.
• Provide assistance with ad hoc project work as and when required.
Smart Pension was founded by experienced finance & technology professionals and has been designed specifically to support UK businesses faced with the challenges of auto enrolment. Our team spent over a year developing & testing the platform whilst also establishing the partnerships necessary to meet regulatory requirements and deliver a seamless end-to-end experience. With thousands of satisfied employers, advisers and employees now using the platform, we know we offer the best workplace pension solution currently available in the UK.
• Very strong interpersonal and communication skills with high amounts of energy and drive with the ability to explain accounting concepts to other team players that are not accountants.
• A high level of diligence and attention to detail.
• Strong time management and organisational skills.
• Be a self-starter with a willingness to learn and a 'can do' attitude.
• Possess strong intellect with the ability to understand complex issues quickly, grasping new concepts and ideas rapidly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
• NetSuite experience is an advantage but not essential.
• Pensioners' payroll experience would be an advantage
• 25 days holiday per year.
• £500 training budget per person.
• Access to PerkBox and Smart Rewards
• Auto-enrolment pension scheme – The company matches your contributions up to 5%.
• Health Insurance (via Benenden).
• Cycle to work scheme.