The role provides the opportunity to become part of a highly effective in-house pensions team, comprising a mixture of experienced pension professionals, dedicated to following best practice in all areas, for the benefit of pension plan members.
The role holder will focus on the legacy pension fund as part of the UK pension governance team and support in the management of the Trustee and other stakeholders as well as work with internal functions, the Pensions team and external advisers.
About the role
• Longevity risk management activity
• Support on the ongoing governance and day to day activities required of longevity swap transactions implemented. Will include planning and preparation of papers for regular Board meetings, review of supplier reporting against agreed requirements, provision of information to allow for accurate and timely accounting, ensuring that collateral calls are successfully completed, managing premium settlement, managing an annual calendar of governance activity and the oversight of reporting to internal stakeholders
• Manage the operational onboarding, testing and implementation of future longevity swaps as required according to the Trustees risk management strategy. This will include designing testing plans, co-ordinating 3rd party suppliers and contractual counterparties, overseeing operational set up and sign off of processes
• Project manager and workstream owner for pension governance projects
• Proven project management ability to deliver to completion in a fast-paced environment while driving collaborative working across teams.
• Experience of working in longevity is not essential for this role.
• Self-motivated – proactive, able to plan and organise and project manage workload effectively to deliver work on time, working independently or collaboratively as part of a team
• Relevant professional pensions qualifications, either complete or studying e.g. APMI (or equivalent)
• In depth detailed knowledge and application of current and historic UK pensions legislation, regulatory requirements and developments for Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension arrangements.
To discuss this role in confidence please call Jo Whittington on 020 7293 7022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. please quote reference 1378171.
If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme
receive £250! This is just one of the many roles that we are working on, all of which are on our website www.sammons.co.uk
. We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace. Any salary advertised is for search purposes only. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, you have not been successful on this occasion.