• Ensure Smart complies with internal regulations and established control protocol.
• Document and ensure Smart has rigorous internal controls across the business.
• Build an annual audit plan and work with key internal stakeholders to develop a longer term strategy.
• Regularly test internal controls and ensure they are fit for purpose.
• Complete all internal audits and work closely with the Executive and Audit and Risk committee of the Board reporting on any issues arising from the audits.
• Participate in meetings with key leaders to ensure any remedial action is taken as and when required.
• Prepare reports and preserve documentation pertaining to audits for internal records.
• Present summarised findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups.
• Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs.
• Makes recommendations for the best ways for Smart to avoid fraud and reduce waste.
• Assess the best financial practices for Smart and makes relevant, informed suggestions.
• Keeps up-to-date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences, workshops, and networking events.
• Participates in industry organisations and develops a professional network.
Smart Pension was founded by experienced finance & technology professionals and has been designed specifically to support UK businesses faced with the challenges of auto enrolment. Our mission is to transform pensions, savings and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance, Accounting and Auditing.
• Experience of working within a Pensions environment/company.
• Knowledge of Legal and Financial Systems.
• Ability to design internal audit strategies and plans from scratch.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
• Documentation and Record Keeping.
• Attention to Detail.
• Problem Solving.
• Critical Thinking, Analysis, Teamwork.
• Written and Verbal Communication.
• Interpersonal Communication.