• Are you a Technical Pensions expert?
• Would you like to use your knowledge and experience to assist and support our Casework team with the cases they receive?
• Are you looking for a challenging but rewarding role?
If so, then working as a Pensions Specialist with The Pensions Ombudsman may be just right for you! Enjoy a challenging role as part of a busy team based in new offices in Canary Wharf.
The Pensions Ombudsman is a free, independent organisation set up to help people that have any complaints/issues about workplace pensions. We look at the facts without taking sides. We aim to constantly support one another to provide the best service we can for the people who need us most.
As a Pensions Specialist you will be responsible for providing sound pensions technical support to our Casework teams by reviewing draft decisions and final determinations on complex cases whilst ensuring consistency. You will develop a training framework within the Casework Directorate that consists of essential core skills and other topical training, and also provide up-to-date pensions training yourself.
You will need to have significant technical expertise in relation to occupational and personal pension schemes across the private and public sectors. You will have strong organisation skills and have excellent communication skills, both in writing and on the telephone. You will be able to critically review our procedures and suggest changes/improvements to provide a better service.
For the right person the rewards include a competitive salary plus a range of worthwhile benefits including:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 2½ privilege days.
• Flexi time – we offer flexible working hours between 7am and 7pm.
• The opportunity to work from home for a part of each week.
• Opportunities to develop your skills and career.
• An excellent working environment – great office and great facilities.
To find out more about this role and to access an application pack, please visit https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date: 22 March 2019.
Interview date: w/c 1 April 2019.
If you have any questions, or would like an informal conversation about the role, please contact us on 020 3959 1598.