• Friends Life is pleased to announce the appointment of Lindsay Forster to the role of consumer marketing director.
Forster will lead all strategic marketing activity across the Friends Life Group.
She brings a wealth of experience and an in-depth understanding of customer needs and requirements. She will be responsible for delivering customer engagement and marketing activity to support the development of propositions that meet customers’ needs.
She joins from Towergate Insurance where she was group marketing director. Prior to that she held a number of senior leadership roles over a six-year period across all brands within the Lloyds Banking Group.
• Omni Partners has appointed John Jenkins as CEO of CBFL.
Jenkins joins CBFL after eight years as GE Capital CEO where he unified five core businesses that covered multiple markets and sites. Prior to this, he spent 17 years at Lloyds TSB, ending in sales director of the commercial finance business and a member of its strategic management board.
• Legal and General Investment Management has appointed Paul So as Asia Pacific head of index funds in Hong Kong.
So has spent the past 10 years of his career managing index funds and joins from Enhanced Investment Products where he was head of beta products for four years. Prior to this, he was director within the portfolio management group at Blackrock and assumed responsibilities at Barclays Global Investors as head of portfolio management Asia ex-Japan, before the merger of the two firms in 2009.
• Schroders has appointed Geoff Cheetham as head of UK institutional clients.
Cheetham joins from BlackRock, where he performed a number of senior roles including head of EMEA consultants. He will join the Schroders’ UK institutional management team and will report to Miles O’Connor, head of European institutional.
• Guy Dunham has joined Baring Asset Management as head of global & aggregate.
Dunham joins from HSBC Global Asset Management, where he was head of global fixed income, London. Prior to this he worked at the Bank for International Settlements in Basel. He has held a variety of roles at J.P. Morgan Asset Management, and previously held the position of portfolio manager at Fleming Asset Management and Lazard Brothers Asset Management.
In his new role he is responsible for managing a range of global and aggregate portfolios for institutional clients, and will be involved in the management of global pooled bond funds.
• River and Mercantile Group has announced the appointment of Robin Minter-Kemp as non-executive director. His recruitment follows the merger of asset manager River and Mercantile and investment consultancy P-Solve earlier this year, and the recent appointments of Paul Bradshaw as group chair and Kevin Hayes as chief financial officer.
Minter-Kemp has more than 25 years’ experience in the fund management industry, holding senior positions with Henderson Investors and HSBC Asset Management before joining Cazenove Fund Management in 2001.