Back to results
The role will be a non-executive role paying a rate commensurate with the job.
The successful candidate will act as a Trustee to four master trust arrangements, under an umbrella trustee board. There are already approximately 1600 employers across the Trusts with in excess of 26,000 active members and new employers are joining at a steady rate. As Trustee you will have a number of fundamental duties that are defined by trust law, case law and pensions and other applicable legislation.
> Legislation. A fiduciary duty to the beneficiaries of the trust to:
> act in the best interests of those beneficiaries;
> use the care, diligence and skill that a person of ordinary prudence would use in the administration of the fund; and
> use a high standard of care in ensuring that the administration of the trusts;
• comply with pensions, tax and other applicable legislation;
• comply with the requirements of the Schemes’ Trust Deed and Rules; and
• Is provided with the best interests of the members
> Ensure the requirements of the Pensions Schemes Act 2017 are implemented and adhered to.
> Ensure confidentiality is maintained
Independent Trustees must have a strong background in the workplace pension market with sufficient experience and expertise to add value to the Trustee Board:
• Knowledge of the pensions and investment market as a whole
• Knowledge of pensions regulation and legislation
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent data analysis skills
• Excellent listening and questioning skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• A high level of attention to detail
• Ability to genuinely add value to any team that you are part of
• At least 5 years experience of operating as an independent trustee
• Hardworking and confident
• Highly professional
• Relationship manager
If you are interested in applying please send a CV to Christine Hallett at email@example.com
CV’s sent after 9 am on 8th September 2017 will not be considered.