TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
You will lead on a portfolio of complex cases relating to the governance and administration of defined benefit schemes in line with our strategic objectives of protecting member benefits and improving understanding of the good administration of work-based pension schemes.
Working with professional advisors, you will plan and deliver strategies for appropriate regulatory interventions to achieve good member outcomes. This could be achieved by reaching consensus with those responsible for running and managing a scheme but you may also need to pursue enforcement action.
You will build and maintain strong working relationships internally with colleagues and advisers, and externally with trustees, scheme managers and service providers.
• Provide professional management of a portfolio of complex regulatory interventions
• Make effective use of internal adviser resource
• Develop and implement outcome focused strategies
• Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Communicate effectively at all levels, written and oral
• Manage knowledge effectively and share across teams
Essential and Desirable criteria
• 5 years experience of defined benefit pension schemes
• Excellent knowledge of pension scheme governance and administration
• Experience of juggling the demands of a varied and complex portfolio
• Degree level or equivalent
• Excellent organisational and administration skills
• Relevant professional qualification (APMI/FPMI/ equivalent)
• Public sector (service) schemes knowledge and understanding
• Exposure to technical issues relating to pension scheme legislation
• Project management experience
• Drive and determination
• Ability to deliver at pace
• Ability to juggle competing priorities
• Confident and effective communicator at all levels
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £47,296 pa we offer:
• Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
• 25 days annual leave provision
• flexible working arrangements
• development opportunities
• enhanced parental leave arrangements
• a free employee assistance programme
• an excellent office location
• discretionary bonus arrangements
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
, and inform your line manager of your application.
Employees within their first 12 months of employment who want to apply for this vacancy should first contact their line manager to discuss their application.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com